torstai 23. heinäkuuta 2015

In My Chamber

In this article I go even further with Interlingua than in my previous one. Now I don't give you any kind of translation of my poem but only the vocabulary. I have picked up the words for the most part from Josu Lavin's Dictionario Anglese-Interlingua. He also corrected my errors in my poem Cella. And my home is a modest 27 square meter apartment which has one room, a bathroom and pantry kitchen. In autumn the moon is visiting here being full of herself and, like all planets in the universe, it doesn't pay attention to me. They know how small we humans are even though we try to prove otherwise. My grandmother said often that a bird on the windowsill means a bad luck. If there are spelling mistakes on the vocabulary I am to blame for them.

CELLA
In mi modeste cella
le luna es ballante
al longe del muro.
Un ave ha sedite
super le tabula del fenestra
durante numerose septimanas.
Il es un signo del morte,
dice le vetule gente.
Le luna non ascolta.
Illo se amusa.
Il es lo que illo ha facite
desde le prime die
usque le ultime.
© Per Yelling Rosa

 
Vocabulario  
in in (prep)
mi my
modeste modest
cella cell, small room, compartment
luna moon
es present of esser = to be
ballante present participle of ballar = to dance
al a + el = the to/at
al longe de along of
muro wall
un a/an (indefinite article)
ave bird
ha have/has
sedite past participle of sedir = to sit
super on (prep)
del de + el = of the
tabula del fenestra windowsill
durante during (prep)
numerose numerous
septimana week
signo sign
morte death
dice present of dicer = to say
le the (definite article)
vetule old, aged
populo; gente people
non no, not
ascolta present of ascoltar = to listen
amusa se present of  amusar se = to amuse oneself
illo it (neuter)
il it (so called dummy grammatical subject), cp. it is raining.
lo it (neuter, object form)
que what (rel and interog), that (rel pron)
facite past participle of facer  = to make, do
desde from, since (prep)
prime first
die day
fin al; usque until, up to
ultime last

Listen to Philologist Josu Lavin who reads Interligua: https://youtu.be/a2yiXKITirU

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti